Tuesday, March 2, 2010

You Guys are Amazing!!

Wow!! One week ago I sent out almost 70 letters requesting sponsorship for this event and I have already received $560 in donations. To all of you who have already contributed, thank you. When I chose my target amount, I was a little skeptical as to whether I would hit it, but not any longer. Going to the mailbox when I get home each night is so much fun.

Today's picture is of Melanie, our boy-crazy drama queen showing off the flower pot that she painted for her mom in arts and crafts. She was so excited about it. The red and green ribbons around her neck are her special olympics medals that she wore most of the time. Melanie was quite a trip.

A final thought before I sign off for the week: my sister, Stacie, has applied to volunteer at camp this summer too. Please pray that she is accepted and that she has a wonderful experience that touches and moves her.

I'll continue updating on a regular basis. Thanks again for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment