Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Almost There

I am completely overwhelmed by the response that I have gotten to my request for this cause. I currently have $1232 that you all have donated! My goal is just around the corner. I feel so blessed to call such generous people my friends and family. There is no doubt in my mind that when I post again I will have exceeded my goal.

Today's photo is of Dahna and me at the riding corral. Each of the campers had to practice reigning a "horse" before they got to ride. As you can see, I was Dahna's "horse". Dahna was my special camper during my week at Barnabas last summer. Even though, as a cabin mom, I was not assigned to any particular camper; Dahna latched onto me partway through the week. Luckily for me Sara, her counselor, did not mind sharing Dahna's wonderful personality. The last day of camp was made extra difficult by Dahna's tears and proclamation that she didn't want to leave me. It wasn't long before I was in tears too. I can't wait to see her smiling face again this summer.

My final thought for today is a request for prayers. Right after all of my donation request letters went in the mail 2 weeks ago, I began having pain in my left knee that is only there when I am doing my training walks. I took last week off hoping that it would help but that has not been the case. I am bound and determined to continue with this but am resigning myself to the fact that it may be at a much slower pace than I was planning. I continue to hope that it will resolve itself (with a little self imposed physical therapy) by April 11.

Until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment